Week 11A: Email Marketing
Looking at how my business is in the retail/ e-commerce clothing store I would find it appropriate to send out an email once or twice a week. I'm personally subscribed to a lot of clothing stores newsletters and a lot of the time I am getting multiple emails a day and that can be annoying and excessive. When starting out and still have a small business you want people who subscribed to remember you but you also don't want to intimidate them by sending out multiple emails a day.
In my newsletters, I would include sales/promotions, new arrivals, outfit inspo which would include our products, excerpt from blog posts, self-promotion of social medias, etc. I think having promotions/sale mentions in emails would help customers who have been wanting something but couldn't drop the money for it at the time or just encourage someone hesitant to make a purchase. A fun idea is outfit inspo pictures that you could also use across platforms. Your customers like your products and having cute outfits in a variety of different styles is fun to see because it gives them ideas and could encourage people to step out of their comfort zone.
Love your blog and all the fashion tips behind your social media!! Regarding your newsletter I would advise giving out fashion and clothing tips for different seasons and the types of colors to wear in those specific seasons.
ReplyDeleteI love to see inspo pictures of clothing and how they are styled to give me ideas, and also especially sales and promotions. I, too, get a lot of newsletters everyday and I agree that it's annoying. I unsubscribed from some of them, and I'm still getting them!
ReplyDeleteI like that you aware aware of how many marketing emails get sent to customers already so you are cautions to not annoy customers with too many emails. I think that self-promoting your social media is important because you do need to make the connection between your social media and blogs/newsletters.
ReplyDeleteI love to see how to style items and promotions. I agree that not having too frequent of emails is a smart move. So, you give a chance for your customers to be excited to receive it and not be inundated. I like the idea of cross promoting your social media as well.
ReplyDelete