Week 4A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

http://www.roverp6cars.com/?LMCL=hBfd6v
The immediate problem I notice with MGBD Parts & Services is that it has way too much contrast and is overwhelming. With the images, type, and colors of the site, it is sure to make visitors exit out. If you do choose to stay, it can be hard to navigate due to the dozens of navigation tabs that are hard to read and looks more like a glitch. Aside from that, they have links that do not work and too many fonts adding to the overwhelming feeling.

The first thing I would do to this site is to establish a brand identity which would include an accent color, a primary and secondary font as well as a logo. This alone would give you a smooth look. Next, I would simplify my navigation making it easy to read. Both these improvements would help retain visitors if you click on a site that looks nice even if it is not the most advanced you have a better chance of wandering the site rather than exiting immediately.

https://jamilin.com/
The concept is a huge problem on this site. It is hard to know without having to read the site what the purpose of it is. Another problem I have with this site is the text/type. As far as text goes, there is just too much of it. The text is also boring and doesn't give any hierarchy.

I would suggest that the person whos site this is establishing what it is they want to do rather than have a site that looks like a representation of every idea that pops up in your head. Also just removing a lot of the content from the home page making it simple and putting all their content under the designated tab.

https://www.apple.com/
Apple does an amazing job of using contrast throughout. Although the use the same font on the entire sight it almost seems as if they use more due to the varying weights and colors of the font. This also ties into the hierarchy, whether it is with font or images. Apple is sure to make you see what they want you to see first with large images that are beautiful making you want to look into it more. Their aesthetic is very established, with their simple colors and focus on displaying the product with images that take over your screen. This makes me want to continue scrolling the site even though I'm not looking to purchase something just because of the product shots.

https://www.toyota.com/
What I like about Toyotas site is how they stick to their brand identity. With their signature red color, it is easy to recognize and distinguish from other car companies. They also keep to an aesthetic making is pleasing to navigate and look at. If I were to be looking for a car this would be a site I would not mind using because of how simple it is. They make it easy for everyone to find what they are looking for without having to look for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3A: Communication- Business and Consumers

Week 16B: Planning Your Future Strategy & Wrapping up the Class