Week 4B: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

https://shop.nordstrom.com/

https://www.nike.com/

I love clothes as well as online shopping and whenever there is a store that can both impress me with its product and website it is a huge win for the brand. I find that both these sites have a lot in common and very little for me to complain about.

Something I greatly appreciate when online shopping is when a site is easy to navigate. Both Nike and Nordstrom are just that. They have their navigation on the heading with the umbrella heading and once you click on that you get an array of subheading narrowing it down to a more specific category. Once you click on your subheading you also get a "navigation" tab on the side allowing you to narrow down even more with a thing like color, size, price, etc.

As far as navigation goes if I really had to get picky my issue would be with Nordstrom. Unlike Nike, they do not have a navigation bar that is "stuck" meaning once you scroll down you can't see it and therefore have to scroll all the way back up. This makes it difficult at times to navigate without losing your spot.

Alignment is also something that both do with ease. I mainly notice it with the product images. In a grid-like structure with a small gap in between as well as all images being on the same background it makes it look super clean. All images also appear to be shot it the same lighting and distance which gives it an even cleaner appearance.

My main and only problem with both sites does not have to do with appearance but rather more on the technical side. With both being such huge companies I think that they should have a better inventory system. Too often I find that a product says it is available in my size and once I click on it it will say out of stock or it was only in stock in a different color.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3A: Communication- Business and Consumers

Week 16B: Planning Your Future Strategy & Wrapping up the Class