Week 16A: Planning Your Future Strategy & Wrapping up the Class

With all the information I have attained this semester some things have become very clear to me. One being that for my business I want to start Instagram and Twitter are great starting point for me as far as social media platforms go. The reason being that.
  • Instagram is image-based with a younger audience
  • Both are fun/artistic platforms 
  • Twitter is good for start-up business trying to get recognition
  • Twitter allows you to show brands personality and interact easily
Later down the road, I would get into using Facebook for two reasons. The main one being that my target market/audience does not use Facebook nearly as much as other social media platforms. Second, is that it is personally more complicated for me to use than other sights and I would like to get more familiar with it before I start using it to get my business out there. I would also 100% get a newsletter sign up on my website to keep in touch with my true customers.

My favorite platform for my clothing business is easily Instagram. Its main audience correlates with mine making it easy to reach the people I want to. I can also navigate the site easily on mobile which is a big plus for someone who is on the go a lot. Lastly, by using hashtags I can gain reach organically.

Once I actually start u my business I would get into posting daily stories on Instagram with outfit inspiration, or updates on sales/restock, etc. Then post onto our feed at least every other day to ensure our audience is seeing outposts. I have read a lot about how Instagram can have a really bad algorithm making it easy for your followers to not see your new posts. 

Over the next month, I would want to focus on starting my own Instagram since I'm not on social media right now. I would like to post daily focusing on fashion and just overall building my aesthetic and audience. By building an audience of my own this will help me get followers for my brand once I finally launch it. I would not want it to be a place where I talk to friends but a place where I show my style and artistic abilities. Making sure to use hashtags on each post I think I can easily start building an audience. Another great feature Instagram has is the ability to save posts and create various collections. This is something I will use to start creating mood boards and narrow down the overall look of my brand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3A: Communication- Business and Consumers

Week 16B: Planning Your Future Strategy & Wrapping up the Class